Architect: Acheson Doyle Partners
Kel-Mar served as Construction Manager for the complete gut renovation and combination of two existing buildings totaling 42,000 square foot to provide assisted living for Sisters of Charity in Riverdale, NY. The adjacent buildings (c.1950 seven story & c.1930 four story) consisting of steel framing and concrete with brick masonry facades needed made wheel chair accessible linking each floor. The project was executed in three strategic phases because the buildings remained occupied throughout the construction process.
- Construction of a new two story addition.
- Retrofit of a new elevator into the 7 story building.
- New dwelling units complete with ADA bathroom in each.
- New assembly room, cafeteria, conference rooms, commercial kitchen and corridors.
- Relocated main entrance
- Restoration and repair of brick and limestone facades.
- Window replacement & repair.
- Waterproofing of basement including sump pits, subgrade drainage, catch basins and drywells.
- Convert the existing steam heating system to hot water.
- Upgrade existing domestic water, sprinkler, electrical, fire alarm & gas service. Separated systems from annexed college administration building.
- New security and intercom systems throughout the building consisting of remote camera, digital video recorders, remote operating security magnetic locks.
- New HVAC system consisting of PTAC’s and split systems